Sunday, April 06, 2008

Cracker Trax


The other day a friend of mine came over with snack that he had recently purchased. It was a bag of the newly introduced Cheetos Brand Cracker Trax. The outside of the package features a lip licking Chester Cheetah using a magnifying glass to examine a pile of paw shaped crackers. It also features a green circle with a check mark in it as well as the words "Smart Choices Made Easy". Before opening the bag up I already had my doubts. I suspected that Cracker Trax might resemble the Xtra Cheddar variety of Pepperidge Farm's Flavor Blasted Goldfish, a snack that I do not like. I opened the bag and tried a cracker. I frowned. I tried a couple more. They tasted like crackers that had been removed from a bag of snack mix and shaken up with a package of Kraft Easy Mac powder. They weren't outright awful, just wildly unappealing. Why anyone at the Cheetos company would go to the effort of developing and releasing these is beyond me. If they were sitting in a bowl in front of me I'm sure I would eat them, but Cracker Trax are the kind of snack that no one asked for and no one is satisfied by. Still they do contain such ingredients as Distilled Monoglyceride, Monosodium Glutimate, Sodium Phosphate, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, and Potassium Sorbate, so they are a smart choice made easy.

Cheetos Brand Cracker Trax: D

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot the part where they tasted like those chicken flavored crackers. ehhewwww

2:24 PM  
Blogger Emma Bennet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I wrote a review about these horrible tasting crackers too...... I'm glad I'm not the only one with distaste for the cheetah!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, they make them sound sooooo good in the commercials..haha.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home