Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Can't Say No to French Fries


Every time I go to someplace that has french fries as a side item on offer I just can't say no! Even if I know they're going to be crappy or make me feel bad I can't say no. Even if I'm getting something like a grilled cheese sandwich, which already has plenty of grease I can't say no. The other day I went to this place in my neighborhood called Jack's. I ordered up a fresh mozzarella sandwich with sun dried tomatoes and pesto. I ordered this because I wanted to get something sort of healthful, but when the waiter asked if I wanted a salad or fires with that, do you know what I said? "Fries, please," is what I said. I just pictured the fries and pictured the salad and I had to get the fries. Maybe I do it because at restaurants there's usually ketchup bottles sitting on the tables in plain sight. Maybe I see the ketchup and remember how much I like ketchup and then remember that I can only use the ketchup if I order french fries. Another factor is that I usually don't like salads unless they're made out of things that look like weeds and have things like goat cheese, fennel, capers and in them. I have to admit that I also like salad bars, but that's only because I can make an all topping salad, which I love. Anyway, I'd like to think that next time I'm faced with the salad or fries decision I'll order the salad, but I'm pretty sure that I'll go with the fries.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a conundrum we all face my dear friend.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]thingsieat.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research points that about 90% of all United States grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home