Monday, November 13, 2006

Tab


I've come to love Tab soda recently.  It all started a couple months ago when I happened into my local Polish grocery store.  In addition to "European Delights from Around the World", they also carry a wide selection of drinks, both alcoholic and otherwise.  So I was in there perusing their selection of chilled sodas when I noticed that they carried cans of Tab.  It occurred to me that I had never tried it.  I had always had the impression that it didn't taste very good, but I decided that I wanted to find out for myself.  I selected a likely looking can and took it up to the register to purchase.  Upon leaving the establishment I popped open my can and began to walk home.  I took a sip.  I didn't like what I tasted.  I took another sip.  I didn't like that one either.  I took another sip.  That sip I liked a little better.  I took another sip.  I liked it.  I took another sip. I loved it. I finished the can.

Over the next few days I found myself thinking often about when I might have another can of Tab.  I made the trip up to the Polish grocery only to find it closed for the evening.  I tried again the next day and met with success.  I opened up this second can of Tab and enjoyed it even more.  I was hooked.  Since then I think about it a lot and I buy Tab any time I have the chance.

1st Sip: D+
2nd Sip: C-
3rd Sip: B-
4th Sip: B+
5th Sip: A
In Retrospect: A+

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe Swanberg said...

It's good to see a legend step behind the plate again.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look! you updated! finally, you've validated the fact that i bookmarked your blog.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

katz, you have all these fans....well...swanberg, lauren, my brother and sarah at least, regularly checking 'things i eat', eagerly hope for another food blog, only to be disappointed yet again. you owe it to us to update regularly. you certainly aren't lacking for material. i myself have witnessed at least ten 'things i eat worthy dining experiences'. don't disappoint, katz.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home