Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bow Tie Donut


I was walking home with a friend of mine yesterday after having eaten a large meal at Bonnie's Grill.  As we walked along 3rd Avenue in Brooklyn we passed a Dunkin' Donuts/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut.  I wasn't hungry at all, in fact I was overly full, but the smell of donuts overwhelmed me.  It was so good that, in spite of knowing that I would feel sick if I ate a donut, I proposed just that to my friend.  He agreed that a donut sounded great.  It was late at night so we could not enter the establishment.  Instead we walked up to the drive-through window.  My friend ordered a coconut donut and I ordered a "bow tie".  Having procured our donuts we continued on our way back home.  I ate mine very quickly because it was delicious -- Imagine a cinnamon twist without the cinnamon.  But my happiness was not meant to last.  From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows!  The instant I ate the last bite of my donut I felt too full by half.  I waddled home dejected and spent the rest of the night lamenting my poor decision.  Why would I eat a donut when I was already too full?  Why couldn't I resist? I don't know. I don't know the answers to these questions.

Bow Tie Donut: A-
Eating Bow Tie Donut While Already Full: F
Overall Experience: D

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Swanberg said...

Amazing! I'm also a victim of deliciousness when I'm too full.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Joe Swanberg said...

Amazing! I'm also a victim of deliciousness when I'm too full.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home