Friday, September 01, 2006

Bings


I went to Chicago about two weeks ago and when I came back a place called Roll & Dough had opened up near where I work. They sell bings, as a large sign outside proclaims. Despite the fact that I didn’t have any idea what a bing was I decided to give the place a shot. Well, let me tell you, bings are amazing. Apparently they're a popular kind of street food in China. What you have is bread covered in sesame seeds and then filled with various things. So far I’ve tried the regular vegetarian, hot and sour vegetable, and sweet red bean. There are many other kinds available, especially if you eat meat. They also have steamed buns, dumplings, soups, and noodles. The best part of the whole thing is that the bings are only $1.50 or $1.75 each. Are you kidding me? This is the greatest thing that’s happened to me all week.

Bings from Roll & Dough: A+

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Tom said...

wow. i love this blog so much.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Joe Swanberg said...

Amazing! I'm so glad to see this blog being updated again. I will be a loyal reader.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home